I’m taking David Suzuki’s 30 x 30 NATURE CHALLENGE (30 min. of nature for 30 days). It starts May 1 – join me!
Here are some great suggestions:
- On your next walk, stop to smell some flowers.
- That book you’re reading (or avoiding)? Take it to your favourite shady spot and dive in.
- Choose a new trail, park or path and explore it on foot or bike.
- Tap into your inner ornithologist and identify three birds. Take along a guidebook or app for help.
- Go on a nighttime nature walk. Look and listen for the creatures of the night.
- Get to know your inner artist. Take a pencil and paper to your local park, and try your hand at sketching.
- Get your hands dirty in the garden. Not only is it great exercise, it lifts your mood.
- Tap into your inner botanist and identify three trees. Need help? Try Leaf Snap
- Take your camera or phone to a park or greenspace. Find some cool patterns or details to snap.
- Nature is an acoustical paradise! Take some time today to just sit back and listen to the wind in the trees.
- Take a notepad and pen to your local park. Sit down write whatever comes to mind. (You won’t ever have to show anyone!)